SKINNY TITANIUM SHACKLE
- Mid-level security:
- More secure than most cable locks - proven resistance to common hand tools and leverage attacks.
- Less secure than some u-locks, chain locks, folding locks - less resistance to some cutting attacks than heavy duty conventional steel locks. Excellent secondary security in higher risk situations.
- Flexible/versatile locking area
- Able to wrap around/through the things you want to secure
- Medium and Long lengths can secure both wheels of a bike to a rack in many cases
- Able to secure bike to a car bike rack in many cases
- Shackle length - 18.5 in. (47cm)
- Lock weight including cylinder - 15oz (425g)
- ~18.5 in. (38cm) outer dimension length
- ~15 in. (38cm) inner dimension length (locking area length)
- up to ~4 in. (10cm) inner dimension width (locking area width)
- Shackle length - 24.5 in. (62cm)
- Lock weight including cylinder - 18 oz. (520g)
- ~24.5 in. (62cm) outer dimension length
- ~21 in. (52cm) inner dimension length (locking area length)
- up to ~7 in. (18cm) inner dimension width (locking area width)
- Shackle length - 30.5 in. (78cm)
- Lock weight including cylinder - 22 oz. (624g)
- ~30.5 in. (78cm) outer dimension length
- ~27 in. (69cm) inner dimension length (locking area length)
- up to ~10 in. (25cm) inner dimension width (locking area width)
- High quality seven-disc disc detainer disc lock mechanism
- Two keys included
- Push-button locking: Quick and easy lock-ups
- Hook and loop style cinch straps
- Length - 10 in. (25cm)
LOCK MECHANISM MAINTENANCE RECOMENDATIONS
- Flush the lock mechanism with WD-40 from time-to-time and/or as needed. The more use and/or exposure to dust and dirt, the more frequent.
- Use lock-specific lubricants when lubricating locks.
- Can I lock both wheels on my bike?
- SHORT - No
- MEDIUM - Yes if the shortest distance from the rim of the front wheel to the rim of the rear wheel is less than ~21 inches (53cm)
- LONG - Yes if the shortest distance from the rim of the front wheel to the rim of the rear wheel is less than ~27 inches (69cm)
- Can I strap it to the top tube of my bike? Yes if your top tube is straight and doesn’t have cables routed along the sides.
- Will it scratch my bike? The clear plastic coating on the shackle and included silicon o-rings help protect the frame from scratches.